You’ve invested a lot of time and money into your website. But like a car, your website needs regular maintenance to keep it running efficiently. That’s where Pixeleric comes in.
Enjoy a newfound peace of mind knowing your website is in our ultra-capable hands.
Why Do I Need an Assurance Plan?
WordPress powers over 1/3 of the world’s websites. Because of its popularity, it’s frequently a target for hackers and attackers who aim to infiltrate sites to distribute dangerous software, place malicious ads, and otherwise wreak havoc on your site.
If the software isn’t kept up to date, it can expose your site to security risks and unpredictable errors associated with using outdated software. It’s also far simpler to update on a regular basis than to attempt to update software that’s a year old to the newest version, which is why we recommend regular, proactive updates.
No one can guarantee a perfectly secure site (no matter what software or web host you’re using), but keeping your WordPress software and plugins up to date is one of the best ways to prevent a malicious attack or errors related to outdated software.
Assurance Plan Details
In addition to the best-practice WordPress security we provide for every site we build, the WordPress Assurance Plan provides:
Monthly WordPress Core and Plugin Updates
We perform monthly updates to the WordPress core software and all plugins, plus as-soonas-possible updates for all WordPress core software and plugin security releases. We create a post-upgrade quality assurance procedure, which defines a set of features and functionality that we will double-check after every upgrade to ensure the software changes have not had any unexpected effects on your site.
Regular backups are a protection of your investment. If a plugin update takes your site down, if someone introduced unwanted updates to the content, or if a hacker targets the site, having a freshly saved copy of your web database is critical to reversing the damage. We’ll run backups of your site files and database. If your site ever goes poof or you need to high-tail it off your host, your website can be restored or moved easily.
The popularity of WordPress has made it a very inviting target for hackers, so more of them are being drawn to WordPress sites. We monitor your site’s SSL certificate, install a WordPress security plugin on your site, are notified via email when your site has a security issue, and assist with cleanup after a security breach.
Real-Time Site Monitoring
Our systems are constantly monitoring your site. If there is a problem identified with uptime or site speed, we will quickly address it.
WordPress databases can get messy when they’re left to their own devices. Page and post revisions stack up. Old images, plugins, and themes weigh it down. We work hard to keep your WordPress site running lean and mean.
We’ll send you monthly analytics reports so you can see how your website is converting and make decisions on what needs to be changed.
Priority Client Status
You “skip the queue” every time you get in touch with us, taking precedence over other projects and activities.
Reserved Support Time
This package includes 30 hours per quarter of additional maintenance, troubleshooting support, feature requests, strategy consulting, and other communication during regular business hours (Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central, excluding holidays and planned vacation periods).
- This allotment of reserved priority support time is in addition to the time spent on the upgrades and performance audit tasks described above.
- We request that you assign no more than two people to act as points of contact for support requests. The addition of more contact points will require an expansion to the scope and project fee.
- This reserved support time does not roll over to the next quarter.
- This assurance plan does not include after-hours support. We recommend reaching out directly to your web host’s support team for any emergency issues that arise outside of business hours. If you’d like to add 24/7 support to this project, please contact us and we will review the options with you (which will include a scope and fee expansion).
- From time to time, changes or additions may be requested that require a greater development investment than the quarterly priority support hours included in this plan. In these cases, we will provide a fixed project fee for the additions. This is generally required for larger-scale changes, such as new custom plugin or theme development.
What If I Don’t Choose WordPress Assurance?
If you choose to operate your site without a maintenance, support, and upgrade plan, you’ll need to be sure that you have other resources (e.g. an in-house IT team) who can handle these tasks.
Without WordPress Assurance:
- You will be responsible for all upgrades to your software, and delays in upgrading could open your site to security risks.
- You will be responsible for keeping backups of your site and understanding how to restore those backups if a data loss occurs.
- All support and maintenance requests will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis, which means you could wait 1-2 weeks for support during busy time periods.
- All support and maintenance requests will be billed as mini-projects, at our regular rate of $125/hour, with a minimum project fee of $300 per support request. Each request will require a new quote and agreement, which means we won’t be able to jump on an issue right away (we’ll need to provide a quote and get your approval first).
Security & Performance Assessment
During your first quarter of WordPress Assurance, we’ll deliver a top-to-bottom Security & Performance Assessment for your site. We’ll work with you to lock down your site, improve your internal workflow to increase your data security (even outside of WordPress), and fine-tune your site so it loads rapidly and delivers the best possible visitor experience. This is also a great way for us to deeply familiarize ourselves with every inch of your site, making future support and improvements faster and more effective.
Your Security & Performance Assessment will include:
- A thorough review of your site for existing vulnerabilities and hacks, and installation of our most trusted security plugins.
- Locking down WordPress by making changes to your file permissions, hosting configuration, and advanced WordPress settings—without inconveniencing your team.
- Assisting you and your team in securing all your passwords and critical accounts. This includes implementing “one person, one account” policies, adding two-step verification to all your accounts, and setting up secure vaults to share passwords safely.
- Our performance assessment starts with a speed and load test on your site, where we’ll identify any issues and recommend changes that can speed up your site or reduce the amount of data loaded by each page.
- We’ll work with you to set up or make changes to a caching system or content delivery network, allowing you to rapidly serve static content, dramatically reducing load time.
- We’ll also run a query and code analysis to identify any specific plugins or themes that are slowing WordPress down. If we identify a problem plugin, we’ll work with you to upgrade, replace, or rebuild it.
- Your host plays a huge role in your site’s performance. We’ll assess the quality and appropriateness of your existing hosting plan for your needs and make recommendations for upgrading or changing hosts if we believe that will improve your site’s performance.
Get Started Today!
Fill out the form below for more information about how we can work together to maintain your website!